Even as Bharat (Hindi) and Kolaigaran (Tamil) extend their success run on to this week, some new releases have managed to grab attention for their good content. Here is a look at which ones have hit the mark and which ones haven't:
- Game Over (Tamil): A Taapsee Pannu starrer, this film which shuttles between being a fantasy and a thriller is about a gamer dealing with PTSD and a killer on the loose. Game Over has been praised for its engagement factor and is a must watch in theaters. (Review Here)
- Nenjamundu Nermaiyundu Odu Raja (Tamil): Sivakarthikeyan's second production venture is an average watch this week, having missed the mark flow-wise. The film is about two budding Youtubers who take on doing 3 favours for a businessman, in exchange for a huge amount. (Review Here)
- Suttu Pidikka Utharavu (Tamil): Mysskin, Vikranth and Suseenthiran attract with their performances in this film, which about a bank-robbing trying to evade the police post their loot. How this incident coincides with the plans of a terrorist-gang is what forms the rest of the story. (Review Here)
- Men In Black; International (English): A spin-off of the Men In Black film series and the fourth film of the MIB franchise, this Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson starrer has not lived upto the reputation of its predecessors. This film is about MIB agents trying to find an in-house infiltrator, as an alien is killed o earth leaving behind a mysterious weapon.
- The Secret Life Of Pets 2 (English): A sequel to The Secret Life of Pets, this movie sees the voices of Kevin Hart (Snowball, the rabbit), Tiffany Haddish (as the Shitzu Daisy), Harrison Ford (as Rooster the sheepdog) along with Patton Oswalt (as Max, the lead character) and makes for an entertaining watch if one is into animated-animal related children movies.
- Unda (Malayalam): A socio-political film, this Mammootty starrer is about a group of policemen being assigned to a Maoist region for peace-keeping during elections. How the SI and his newly trained team make it through is what the film is about. A must watch in theaters. (Review Here)