Spending big money in production costs was once a thing of the Khans in Bollywood and director Shankar in the South. But the emergence of Indian films in the last 4 years has proved that other filmmakers too are now more than willing to shell out huge sums, so much so that the word 'magnum opus' seems overused in the film stratosphere.
Earlier today, Baahubali director S.S. Rajamouli came up with new updates about his next ambitious project RRR and the producer of this project went on to confirm that they are looking at a budget of Rs.350 Crore - Rs. 400 Crore for it.
While this certainly has catapulted the status of the multi-starrer RRR in the list of most expensive films made in India, it also gave us a reason to list the top 10 movies with the highest of high budgets in the country.
Interestingly the list contains considerable number of films from the South despite the language divide and its niche audience.
- 2.0 (2018) - ₹543 crore (Also Read)
- RRR (2019) - ₹400 crore
- Thugs of Hindostan (2018) - ₹310 crore
- Saaho (2019) - ₹300 crore
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) - ₹250 crore
- Padmaavat (2018) - ₹215 crore
- Tiger Zinda Hai - ₹210 crore
- Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy - ₹200 crore
- Zero (2018) - ₹200 crore
- Race 3 (2018) - ₹185 crore
- Baahubali: The Beginning / Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo - ₹180 crore