NGK aka Nandha Gopalan Kumaran is an upcoming action-political thriller starring Suriya, Sai Pallavi and Rakul Preet Singh which is all set to hit theater screens this Friday. i.e. May 31, 2019. Here's a quick SWOT analysis of the film:
- Suriya who is headlining the film has his loyal viewers buzzing with anticipation of the actor's first release of 2019. They are also eager with what kind of versatile portrayal they would get to see of Suriya this time.
- Director Selvaraghavan, who is known for leaving an impact with his story, screenplay and well-etched characters is making a comeback in his first release in the last six years.
- The director's combination with composer Yuvan Shankar Raja has proved magical in the past and the preview one got to see of their combo in promo videos has intensified buzz level.
- There seems to be nothing on paper.
- With little to no competition from just one other Tamil movie (Devi 2) releasing that week, NGK has an opportunity to score big at the box-office.
- Also with EID holiday just around the corner (June 5), the film also holds potential to revive Kollywood BO, which has been on an all-time low this Summer.
- Though India starts playing only from June 5, the fact that Cricket World Cup 2019 begins tomorrow could serve as a considerable distraction, if not a major one.
Going by the teaser and trailer, it seems like NGK will be a commercial yet political vehicle and a good kick-start for Suriya this year. We'll be back with the FDFS review to confirm it.