This week, the options in movie theatres of Chennai are more in number and surprisingly, each one is as good as the other. There may be no bad movies among this lot but there are no big winners this week either. Here is a look at some of them:
- Tamizh Padam 2 (Tamil): C.S. Amudhan directed Tamizh Padam 2 is a spoof film about the war between Shiva, the hero and P, the villain who is also the killer of Shiva's wife.The film may not have lived upto the level of its predecessor, but it sure has captivated the viewers with a lot of laughs and stands with a 59% in our movie ratings. (Review Here)
- Kadaikutty Singam (Tamil): A rural family drama with all elements of a commercial entertainer, this latest outing of Karthi's is your typical family film and has considerably impressed the audience with its content. A film based on the plight of farmers in our country, Kadaikutty Singam has seen a good opening and has managed to garner 59% in our movie ratings. (Review Here)
- Ant Man and the Wasp (English): Any Marvel movie post the Avengers: Infinity War phase is subject to comparison by default but the Paul Rudd starrer sequel to Ant-Man has managed to impress nevertheless. The movie has been unanimously well received by super-hero lovers and unanimously criticized for the technical talks being over-the-top in the film. [Ant Man and the Wasp also provides clues to the next Avengers movie which is touted to be the final movie of Marvel's super-hero series].
- Soorma (Hindi): Sports biography is a popular genre in Bollywood and Soorma is right up that alley but also focusees largely on the love story between Diljit Dosanjh (who plays Sandeep Singh, the hockey player whom the movie is about) and Taapsee Pannu (who plays the girl Sandeep Singh fell in love with in real life). The movie has opened to mixed response from viewers and stands with a 53% rating in our movie rankings.
- Neerali (Malayalam): This Mohanlal starrer is a film that is similar to say a Jumanji where the protagonists are stranded in a forest and must overcome challenges for their survival. Only Neerali has Mohanlal stuck in a real forest and has only 1 other human being alongside him. The movie stands with a rating of 59% in our rankings.