Film releases this weekend started as early as Valentine's day Friday though none of them seem to have come with a lingering impact. The releases and results of movies this week are as follows:
- Naan Sirithaal (Tamil): Hiphop Tamizha Aadhi was back to playing hero in this commercial entertainer taking on the villain because of his unusual disorder. The movie opened to average reviews and responses [Review Here]
- Oh My Kadavulae (Tamil): It was definitely the week of Ashok Selvan and Ritika Singh for their film, which is a take on modern relationships served as the apt theme for the holiday it released in. The refreshing concept ended up to the likes of the audience as well, making it the only decent watch this week. [Review Here]
- Fantasy Island (English): A supernatural horror film based on the TV series of the same name, Fantasy Island is the only Hollywood release this week and it ended up being a huge disappointment. Despite the appealing concept of a modern-day genie, the film was a huge let-down in terms of performances and VFX.
- World Famous Lover (Telugu): Vijay Deverakonda was back to playing the angsty passive-aggressive 'lover' though this time the story he was in did not have the depth enough to impress the audience. Despite strong performances, the film ended up being short. [Review Here]
- Love Aaj Kal (Hindi): Imitiaz Ali returns with a story similar to his decade-old iconic movie of the same name but fails to deliver the impact the previous one had. Not to mention, Sara Ali Khan and Karthik Aryan surprisingly end up with disappointing performances.
Lesser known movies that were also in theaters this week were Day Night (Tamil) and the Telugu thriller Oka Chinna Viramam starring Navin Neni and Punarnavi Bhupalam among others.
MC Pick : Oh My Kadavulae