A press meet for Sivakarthikeyan's upcoming film Mr. Local was held last evening and the team sans Nayanthara gave the media details of their product. which is hitting theater screens on May 17, 2019. Excerpts from the press meet where comedian Robo Shankar almost stirred a controversy with his statement to the press, can be seen below:
About the Film
- "Sivakartikeyan told me that Mr. Local should be a clean entertainer without any drinking scenes, TASMAC songs or dialogues bashing women", said director Rajesh M.
- Echoing the same, Sivakarthikeyan added, "(Mr. Local is) a simple and jolly film with no message; just a clean fun filled summer, colourful entertainer. It will be in Rajesh's pattern and just like always his comedy will be entertaining.."
- The twitter handle of the film's production house summed up by tweeting:
- Producer Gnanavel Raja of Studio Green in his speech said he is indebted to Siva Kartikeyan for giving him priority dates and helping him at a crucial time when was going through a major crisis, career-wise.
- Reflecting on working earlier with Nayanthara, Sivakarthikeyan regretted that a successful and talented actress' like her 'got lesser screen time' than him in Velaikkaran.
- The actor also shared that it was his Rajesh who put together the team of Varuthapadha Vaalibar Sangam, even though the director did not have anything to do with the film. Sivakarthikeyan also revealed that he had wanted to work with Rajesh ever since he mimick-dubbed Rajinikanth's voice in one of the director's earlier films, Siva Manasula Sakthi.
- One of the highlights of this press meet was Robo Shankar taking issue with the press not applauding and cheering for the shows and asked, “Is this how you watch films with your family? I walked out from some of the press shows after you guys seriously watched genuine comedy scenes”.
- Sivakarthikeyan came to the team's rescue and added, “Robo brother, they are press, not fans...Moreover, we are only watching the film which we like but they watch two to three films or audio launches in a day.. If the comedy scenes really work well, they will laugh..”