The on again off again battle between comic actor Vadivelu and the makers of Imsai Arasan 24am Pulikecei (IA24P), may have finally reached its climax for there is a strong buzz that the Tamil Film Producers' Council (TFPC) has issued a red card to Vadivelu for refusing to act in the said film. Word is that TFPC has banned Vadivelu from acting in any Tamil films and that it has requested all its members not to book Vadivelu for any of their films!
While an official word on the same is awaited, here is a recap of what went down over the years:
- Aug, 2017: Director Shankar's S Pictures officially launches IA24P with a first look, motion poster release with Paravathy Omanakuttan as the female lead, Ghibran for the music, R. Saravanan for cinematography and Vivek Harshan for the edits.
- Sep, 2017: Costly sets are erected at EVP world, Chennai and the film completes 5 days of shooting.
- Vadivelu and director of the film, Simbudevan lock horns over petty issues. Vadivelu walks out of the film.
- Nov, 2017: A then office holder of the TFPC, producer Gnanavel Raja openly bashes Vadivelu with the threat of a red-card.
- Mar 1, 2018: TFPC intervenes and warns Vadivelu through Nadigar Sangam of the financial consequences he might incur if he does not complete acting in IA24P. Unfortunately TFPC goes on a strike at the same time and bans any work from happening within the industry.
- Apr 17, 2018: The day TFPC ends its strike, Vadivelu issues an open statement for the first time and decalres his reasons for backing out ftom IA24P again.
- Jun, 2018: Talks of another intervention between makers and Vadivelu surface. Suggest film might be back on track.
- Sep, 2018: Media is flooded with reports of Vadivelu being banned from acting in a Tamil film again.