Today, S.S. Rajamouli's Baahubali : The Conclusion, India's biggest blockbuster ever completes the 50 day mark at the Indian box-office. This production venture of Arka Media Works has given its producers a good laugh as the movie has managed to garner Rs. 1,676 crore in world-wide collections, standing only next to Aamir Khan's Dangal which has done a business of Rs. 1,947.34 crore. To top it all, the movie-makers are yet to release this sequel film in China which is expected to boost the film's business even more.
On its 50th day, we decided to take a look at some of the box-office norms this Prabhas - Rana Daggubatti starrer has re-defined :
1. At a time and age where movie-makers eye holidays and festivals for better box-office prospects, Baahubali was a non-holiday, non-festival release.
2. The Hindi version of the movie recently made Rs. 2 crore at the box-office. No other film in the last one decade has made that much in its 7th week of release.
3. Despite having an ensemble of purely south-indian actors like Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj and the like, the movie turned out to be the biggest blockbuster of the country because of its unique charm (tight story, visual grandeur) and universal appeal.
4. In Bollywood alone, the film has made approximately Rs. 507.32 crore. No other Indian film has ever done that much business there.
5. Even after 50 days of release, the Baahubali fever is not showing any signs of dying or fading away and the film is currently being dubbed in Chinese, Korean and Japanese for a grand release in China later this year.