This week, theater screens only saw a handful of new movie releases and of them Vada Chennai (Tamil) seems to have made the most bang, followed closely by Badhaai Ho (Hindi). A detailed look into the movies this time around:
- Sandakozhi 2 (Tamil): Sandakozhi 2 is a continuation of part 1 and much like its predecessor, it revovles around Balu (Vishal) trying to stop someone from taking someone's life. The movie may not have any low points but it hasn't worked as well as its super-hit prequel. (Review Here)
- Vada Chennai (Tamil): Part 1 of a trilogy, Vada Chennai is a slow burner of a gangster film, that has been gaining laurels from all quarters. The first part if predominantly about Dhanush's character Anbu entering the hood and the movie has gained the maximum average rating this weekend. (Review Here)
- Badhaai Ho (Hindi): As revealed in the trailers, Badhaai Ho is about a 50+ year old woman getting pregnant unexpectedly and how the people around her including her own family deals with this development. The movie which starrs Ayushmann Khurrana, Neena Gupta, Sanya Malhotra among others has opened to positive responses from all over and has an aggregate movie rating of 66%. (Review Here)
- Namaste England (Hindi): A spiritual sequel to Namaste London, Namaste Englans is about a married couple wanting to relocate to London and amidst a bout of challenges such as visa denial, conservative family, etc. The movie is not off to a good start and has mainly been criticized for its poor writing and very 90's music.
- Hello Guru Prema Kosame (Telugu): Ram Pothineni, Anupama Parameswaran starrer Hello Guru Prema Kosame is a typical family entertainer where a boy who comes to stay with a family falls for their girl. The movie has opened to mixed reviews and has been passed off as a one time watch.
Apart from these films, Vivek and Devayani starrer Ezhumin has also hit theatre screens and the movie is about how a bunch of kids who are adept at martial arts are kidnapped and how they end up saving themselves.
MC Pick: Vada Chennai, Badhaai Ho