Excerpts from Si3 Press Meet
The third edition of the Singham series featuring Suriya, Shruthi Haasan and Anushka Shetty is finally releasing on February 9, 2017. Days ahead of its release, the team gathered for a press meet and ended up sharing some interesting facts about the movie. Here they are:
- The Singham franchise is the first ever in Tamil cinema to have 3 successive parts. No other Tamil film has ever made 3 parts before.
- Si3 is Suriya's 5th collaboration with director Hari and 8th collaboration with Harris Jayaraj
- A total of 130 days went into shooting of this film with a year and half more added for prepping and scripting.
- Over 90 shots were canned in a day for Si3 as opposed to an average film which only has about 3-40 shots canned in a day.
- The movie features 40 artists and 25 of them have been repeated from prequels and the rest 15 have been new additions inlcuding Shruthi Haasan, Soori and the main antagonists.
- Si3 was Harris Jayaraj's first time as a lyricist as he penned the the Wifi song (as a result of time crunch and unavailability of technicians at that time).
- According to producer KE Gnanavel Raja, Si3's pre-release collection amounts to approximately 100 crores.
The event also saw a flow of mixed emotions from the main faces of the movie.
K.E Gnanavel Raja:
On the Delay
"I would like to say sorry to fans at this point in time. We had plans of bringing Si3 for Diwali but weren't able to. The month of December had us all engulfed in demonetisation, the cyclone (Vardah) and the death of the CM. February, turns out is lucky for us as our first film Paruthiveeran was released on Feb 23 and the Studio Green banner first entered the Telugu industry with Aayirathil Oruvan on Feb 5"
Take on Mockery
"People jokingly ask whether we will make Singham upto part 30. I would like to say that Si3 has given us the confidence to do that 30th part."
Appeal to Trade Analysts
"Its my appeal to the trade analysts to call up once and verify the authentic numbers before you establish it. The wrong numbers disturb the structure of this business and the films ends up getting stuck"
"If number games are based on the total revenue, then I can confidentally say that Suriya stands only next to Rajini. The pre-release business of Si3 is close to 100 crores. In Telugu, if there is a bankable actor (from TamilNadu) after Rajini, then it is Suriya. His movies give the second most business there."
"I am extremely grateful to the theatre owners, film exhibitors and film distributors for repeatedly placing their trust on us whenever Hari and I come together for a movie. I dont know how but they trust us to be revenue generators."
"An extremely small circle has seen the movie already. According to them the movie has come out so well that it can be released any time."