Naane Varuvean is director Selvaraghavan's first collaboration with Dhanush, that comes with a story written by the latter. The movie is also Selvaraghavan's first fresh release in the last 3 years [Nenjam Marapathillai had been completed for 5 years before it came out in 2021]. Naane Varuvean is hitting theater screens tomorrow [September 29, 2022] and a SWOT analysis of the movie follows:
- Until recently, not much was known about the film's plot and this suspense factor along with promising promo content, has invoked intrigue among target audience.
- Dhanush has been on a roll with two back to back releases - The Gray Man (Netflix) and Thiruchitrambalam. Current interest surrounding the actor and his screen presence is on an all time high.
- Even though they last collaborated 10 years ago, the Dhanush-Selvaraghavan combo has a wide fan-base. With Yuvan Shankar Raja - a crowd-favourite to this mix also in this film, Naane Varuvean couldn't be more fan-servicey.
- The only noticeable weakness about Naane Varuvean is the lack of promotions surrounding the film's theatrical release.
- Naane Varuvean is releasing when generations of Tamil film audience are showing interest in walking into a theater to catch a movie they have waited decades to see. A bankable opportunity for any other film in screens at the same time.
- On day 1, the movie is releasing in 600+ screens across Tamil Nadu sans any box-office competition.
- Naane Varuvean will have a box-office competition and a 200+ screen-count drop starting day 2 [meaning it will only be shown in 400+ screens from its second day of release]. If the hype surrounding Ponniyin Selvan: Part One lives post-release as well, it could potentially eat into Naane Varuvean's box-office, unless the Dhanush starrer stands tall on its own.