Amidst the corona outbreak and the precautions people are seen taking all over including avoiding crowded areas like movie theaters, some new films have not deterred from releasing and each of their outcome is listed below.
- Dharala Prabhu (Tamil): A faithful remake of Shoojit Sircar's National award-winning film Vicky Donor, the Tamil version has garnered both critical and commercial acclaim since release and the cast of Harish Kalyan, Vivek and others have been praised for putting up an entertaining show. [Review Here]
- Water (Tamil): This Sibiraj starrer cop-thriller which follows the murder of new-borns has been deemed to come with a wafer-thin plot and nothing new to offer. The movie has been a dampener to say the least [Review Here]
- Asuraguru (Tamil): Another disappointing show in Tamil this week was this Vikram Prabhu starrer, which has been criticized for its tedious run-time. The movie though originally set out to be a heist thriller. [Review Here]
- Angrezi Medium (Hindi): A spiritual sequel to Irrfan Khan's hit film Hindi Medium, this Homi Adajania directorial deals with the craze for studies in foreign countries and the underlying impact it has on parents in India. As with all sequels Angrezi Meduim too bites the mediocre dust.
- Bloodshot (English): Vin Diesel's latest fantasy-drama is an okay-ish affair but might be a boon for the star actor's fan-following who wanted to see him in a 'superhero' avatar. Given Valiant Comics' movies are pegged to be the next competition to Marvel and DC, the makers should have gone in for a more solid opening.
Lesser known films that are also in theaters this week are the romantic drama Kayiru (Tamil) which stars Kavya Madhavan and Thanjamada Nee Enakku which is another Tamil drama.
MC Pick: Dharala Prabhu