The new movies this week have been a mixed bag and they have unintentionally paved way for a earlier releases (that have found its way to theater screens for the first time) to take the spotlight.
- NGK (Tamil): Possibly one of the highly anticipated movies this week, NGK which had a lot riding on it has garnered mixed reactions from the critics and audience. Reviews have unanimously pointed to Suriya's acting as the saving grace who has tried hard to carry the film on his shoulders. NGK warrants to be watched in theaters just for that. (Review Here)
- Devi 2 (Tamil): Other than Joining the list of sequels and horror-comedies in Tamil, the A.L. Vijay directed Devi 2 starring Prabhu Deva and Tamannaah in the lead does not have anything new to offer. (Review Here)
- Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters (English): The sequel to 2014 Godzilla film, Godzilla 2 sees the King Kaiju's return from his dormancy to save the human race yet again from other awakened Kaijus especially the Monster Zero. The movie however has failed to strike a chord content-wise. (Review Here)
- Rocketman (English): Dexter Fletcher’s biopic on British musician Elton John (played by Taron Egerton) has been one of the most talked-about movies ever since it released earlier this month. The film is finally in theaters of India and has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response for hitting all the right notes; A must watch in theaters. (Review Here)
- Falaknuma Das (Telugu): A Telugu remake of the Malayalam film Angamalu Diaries, Falaknuma Das directed by debutant Vishwak Sen who also plays lead in the movie. The story of a youngster who tries pursuing a life of crime has not worked as expected the second time around.