This week, the movie releases were happening even on Saturday i.e. May 11, 2019 and the options were a handful in addition to the ones released earlier. However, only a few made its mark with both the critics and the audience and here is a detailed look at all of them:
- Ayogya (Tamil): Last one in but on top of the merit list, Vishal starrer Ayogya which is a remake of Jr. NTR''s Telugu hit Temper is this week's topper with a review aggregate of 61%. The film has been deemed a neat entertainer and the climax is something to watch out for in it. (Review Here)
- 100 (Tamil): The story of a cop trying to solve a kidnap case from a control room, 100 does not do much for a crime-thriller. The movie which stars Atharvaa and Hansika in the lead has garnered mixed responses this weekend. (Review Here)
- Kee (Tamil): A movie that deals with the subject of cyber criminal activities, this Jiiva starrer has not had too many takers for the lack of engrossing elements. The film releasing a year since it was originally supposed to release has not helped either. (Review Here)
- Pokeman Detective Pikachu (English): This live action adaptation of the popular Pokeman series has done better than it was expected to do and is worth watching in theaters. The movie which is a fantasy entertainer, sees a young man (Justice Smith) with Pokeman history and Pikachu (voice-over by Ryan Reynolds) incidentally team up to solve a mystery case.
- The Intruder (English): A thriller starring Dennis Quaid as the psycho home owner who refuses to let go of the house he sold to a couple and tries to take over their lives, The Intruder has opened to not so good reviews. The predictability of the story and the lack of an engaging factor seems to have attributed for the same.
- Maharshi (Telugu): An ambitious and successful CEO's life takes a turn when he sets out to seek his college friend whom he finds was a major help in the past. With this starting point, Mahesh Babu starrer Maharshi turns into a revolutionary drama and comes across as a one-time watch.(Review Here)
- Student of the Year 2 (Hindi): A spiritual sequel to Student of the Year, SOTY 2 is also set in the college of Saint Teresa where a boy (Tiger Shroff) from a modest background gets in on sports quota and endures heat-break and hardships. The film is not upto a good start (Review Here)
Other films that are newly available to watch in theaters are the animated movie Chhota Bheem: Kung Fu Dhamaka (Hindi/English), Unmaiyen Velicham (Tamil) which is a 3D movie, Prithvi Pandiarajan and Chandini Tamilarasan starrer Kaadhal Munnetra Kazhagam (Tamil) and Vedhamanavan (Tamil).
MC Pick: Ayogya, Pokeman Detective Pikachu