This week's options for movie-goers were plenty in number; A look into which of these have fared well and which ones haven't:
- Miga Miga Avasaram (Tamil) - Producer Suresh Kamatchi has turned director with this Sri Priyanka starrer, and the film is about a female cop, assigned to the security detail not being let to answer her nature`s call by her supervisor. The movie has garnered mixed responses. (Review Here)
- Midway (English) - The story of the Battle of Midway, which was the follow-up of the notorious Pearl Harbour incident during World War II, the movie stars Ed Skerian, Patrick Wilson, Like Evans, Woody Harrelson, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid and Nick Jonas among others. One thrilling war drama to catch this week.
- Last Chirstmas (English) - Actress Emma Thompson has written the story and screenplay for this movie which stars Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke and Crazy Rich Asians fame Henry Golding in the lead. A rom-com surrounded around the festive season in London, Last Christmas makes for one light-hearted watch.
- Doctor Sleep Movie (English): Based on Stephen King`s best-selling novel and a sequel to Stanley Kubrick`s 1980 film The Shining, the Doctor Sleep movie has been hailed as the perfect lid to the shining story and Danny character return with his special telepathic ability 40 years later.
- Bala (Hindi) - A situational comedy that surrounds the baldness of a man and how he smartly handles the plight that comes as a result of this physical aspect is what the movie is all about. The film is backed with strong performances by Ayushmann Khurrana, Bhumi Pednekar and Yami Gautham among others. (Review Here)
- Bypass Road (Hindi) - A thriller drama starring and produced by Neil Nithin Mukhesh and written, directed by his brother Naman Nitin Mukesh, Bypass Road is about the connection between a supermodel's murder and her boss/lover's fatal accident. The movie has not had too many takers.
- Satellite Shankar (Hindi) - Sooraj Pancholi and Megha Akash star in this story about an Indian Army soldier and has been observed to be inspired from the 1959 Russian classic Ballad of A Soldier. The army man's experience on his journey from the Indo-Pak border to Pollachi in Tamil Nadu is what forms the core of this story, which has been criticized for lack of nuances.
- Moothon (Malayalam) - The movie starring Nivin Pauly and directed by Geethu Mohandas is this week's top recommendation for a watch in theaters and is a brutally wild outing, which has been hailed for its tragic yet powerful story. (Review Here)
Other new releases in theaters this week are Butler Balu (Tamil) which stars Yogi Babu, Robo Shankar and Mayilsamy among others, Thavam (Tamil), Black and Blue (English) an action thriller starring Naomie Harris and Tyrese Gibson, Vijay Deverakonda's production venture Thipparaa Meesam (Telugu) and 41 (Malayalam).
MC Pick: Moothon, Doctor Sleep