The competition between new movie releases this week was not exactly tough and the good content easily stood out. A detailed look into the films which made the cut this time:
- A1 (Tamil): A movie which is as high on engagement as it is low on logic or a story for that matter, this Santhanam starrer can be watched for the mindless time-pass it provides. Other than than, the movie has opened to mixed reviews. (Review Here)
- Kolanji (Tamil): A film which revolves around the hero's realization of his love his father hides behind his strictness, Kolanji starring Samuthirakani and Kirubakaran in the lead is a mixed bag and has nothing new to offer.
- Chennai Palani Mars (Tamil): Unlike the curiosity created by promotional videos, Chennai Palani Mars a film produced and co-written by Vijay Sethupathi falls flat as a movie. It is about two people who embark on an ambitious yet totally zero-backed up 'trip to Mars' and the challenges that they face along the way.
- Dear Comrade (Telugu / Tamil): One of the worthy watches this weekend, the film is very on-brand for its lead actor Vijay Deverakonda. It has romance and drama in equal measures and has been praised for its performances. (Review Here)
- Judgemental Hai Kya (Hindi): An out-of-the-box story with strong performers like Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao, this movie has seemingly lived up to what it had promised. The psychological drama is quirky and engaging and worth the trip to theaters.
- Arjun Patiala (Hindi): A spoof comedy starring Diljith Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon and Varun Sharma, the film is set in Ferozepur and tells the tale of the lead cops, a reporter and the thugs who control the area. The movie has opened to not so favourable reviews.
Other films that are in screens on TN this week are Aaradi (Tamil) and Malayalam film Sathyam Paranja Vishwasikuvo which originally released earlier this month in Mollywood.
MC Pick: Dear Comrade, Judgemental Hai Kya