Preview of Ethir Neechal, Soodhu Kavvum and MPMK
It will be a long weekend at the box-office this week as 3 awaited films will be releasing on Wednesday (1.5.2013) to capitalize on May Day holiday -- Ethir Neechal, Soodhu Kavvum and Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal(MPMK). All these movies have managed to garner enough attention for various different reasons. However, Ethir Neechal currently leads the expectations among the three movies to be released tomorrow. It is surprising to note that Soodhu Kavvum has much higher expectations thant MPMK.
‘Ethir Neechal’ is directed by Durai Senthilkumar, a former associate of director Vetrimaaran. Sivakarthikeyan and Priya Anand play the lead roles. The movie is produced by Dhanush’s ‘Wunderbar Films’.
- Sivakarthikeyan is having a dream run. His last film ‘Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga’ has put him in the league of a bankable entertainer despite not so glowing reviews. He has consistently shown that he can draw crowds, especially youngsters.
- Anirudh’s songs have already become chart-busters. Dhanush and Nayantara have shaken their legs together for ‘Local Boys’ song.
- With cinematographer Velraj and editor Kishore TE on board, the movie is expected to be technically slick.
Vijay Sethupathi and Sanchita Shetty play the lead roles in ‘Soodhu Kavvum’. Debutante Nalan Kumarasamy of 'Naalaya Iyakunar' fame has directed the movie.
- After giving back to back to back hits, Vijay Sethupathi is expected to strike gold yet again with this film. He has donned the role of a 40 year old man in the film.
- Santhosh Narayanan, who gave hit music in ‘Attakathi’ has scored music for this film. The ‘Kasu Panam’ track has become a hit among youngsters.
- Studio Green is distributing the movie and they are ensuring that the film gets good screens and their vigorous promotions will further help the movie’s cause.
- Going by the trailers, the movie is touted to be a comical thriller. The visuals look fresh and appealing.
Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal
Director Vasanth, who is known for making good entertainers, is back with ‘MPMK’ after a hiatus. Arjun, Cheran, Vimal, Muktha Banu, newcomers Surveen Chawla and Lasini play the lead roles.
- Vasanth has a reputation of making clean family entertainers sans any frills. After his last two films doing moderately at the box-office, he is hoping to get back to winning ways with this film.
- Yuvan Shankar Raja’s songs have been topping the charts for quite a while now.
- The casting looks experimental with the blend of senior artistes and youngsters. Vasanth is also introducing his son Ritwik Varun in this film. The teaser with Ritwik did not evoke much interest.
With summer vacation for students and a 5-day long opening on the cards, this is perhaps the right time for these movies to release. These movies might help the box-office to resurrect from the IPL onslaught.
Watch out for the reviews of all these movies.