Preview of Madras and Jeeva
Karthi's Madras and Vishnu Vishal's Jeeva will be hitting the screens this Friday (September 26) and interestingly, both the movies have managed to create good buzz before release. Also, one or more hardly known films might also hit the screens this week.
- Director Ranjith rose to stardom with an instantly likeable debut Attakathi, and this time around, he has taken a more serious subject set across North Madras. As the famous quote goes - 'Chennai is a city, but Madras is an emotion', we expect the director to have captured the emotions authentically.
- After a slew of forgettable films, Karthi managed to regain his momentum in Venkat Prabhu's Biriyani and he is hoping to firm up his position further with Madras.
- Music for the film is scored by the latest musical sensation Santhosh Narayanan, and the songs have been topping the charts for a while now.
- The movie marks the debut of Catherine Tresa in Tamil, and the rest of the supporting actors are also mostly newbies.
- Director Suseenthiran, who gave two of the most celebrated films last year -- Aadhalal Kaadhal Seiveer and Pandiya Nadu, is back with his next film Jeeva, which is touted to revolve around cricket players and the ordeals faced by them.
- Vishnu Vishal, who made his debut with Suseenthiran's Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu, is upbeat over this project, as he is a cricketer in his real life too. Actress Sri Divya of Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam plays the female lead.
- Music director Imman has continued to produce impressive music and one can expect his background score to elevate the movie as well.
- Soori also plays a cricketer in the film, and going by the trailer, he has a tad serious role in the film.
It is going to be an exciting weekend for the film buffs as two potential quality movies will be hitting the screens. We will be back with the FDFS reviews on Friday!