Box Office Mayhem (Part 2) - Infograph for Sept 30 - Oct 3, 2011
* Vedi shows sharp drop in occupancy on Monday. Weekend collections were above average. Surprising to see Vedi could not release in the US due to lack of opening for Vishal and Director Prabhu Deva combination.
* Engeyum Eppodhum continues to bring steady revenue from multiplexes in Chennai and Bangalore. However, good opportunity was lost by the Producers by not releasing in the USA/UK.
* Muran had above average opening over the weekend. Thanks to enthusiastic positive reviews from leading critics that helped boost the collections.
* Vaagai Sooda Vaa could not show signs of pick-up despite Critics being highly supportive and encouraging.
* Mankatha's revenue was canibalized by Vedi. No tears shed since Mankatha crossed 80 Crores in BO collections within 30 days. Mankatha is highly unlikely to join 100 Crore elite club due to sharp drop in number of shows all over the state.
Rest of the movies brought less than 1% in Box Office Revenue
* Aayiram Vilakku & Vanthaan Vendraan showed close to staggering 95% drop in number of shows over the weekend.
* Kanchana and Ko are still hanging in there with steady revenue trickling in from half a dozen shows in small screens.
* Deivathirumagal further reduced to just one screen on its 75th day.