New movie releases this week have been less in number but the impact they have created has turned quite the heads. Here is a look at how well these films have done and which of them have made it to our not-to-be-missed list this weekend:
- Aadai (Tamil): The film is about an "adventurous" working woman, who finds herself naked in an abandoned building post a wild-party night. It revolves around Amala Paul's character Kamini and despite the problematic perpectives that crop-up in the movie, the performance and the visuals of the film seem to have impressed the movie-goers. Aadai stands tall with 65% in our movie ratings aggregate this week. (Review Here)
- Kadaram Kondan (Tamil): Vikram is back with a bang-for-the buck portrayal as KK, a most-wanted badass-on-the-run and how his life intervenes with that of a young couple, one of whom is a doctor is what forms the story. The movie has been lauded for the performances in it and makes for a good one time watch in theaters this week. (Review Here)
- The Lion King (English): Disney's live-action remake of the 1994 classic may not be on-par with the original, but it is close enough. The story of how the life of a cub lion is changed after his father gets murdered by his evil uncle has been retained to the T and is re-told with the help of some extraordinary visuals. The regional versions of the film have been equally well received, making it worth a watch in theaters. (Review Here)
- I Smart Shankar (Telugu): A Puri Jagannadh directorial, this film stars Ram Pothineni as Shankar, a wanted criminal who at one point finds out that he is being trapped as a part of something sinister. The movie belongs to the hard-core 'masala' genre and it has not been off to a good start impressing the audience.
- Jhootha Kahin Ka (Hindi): Another film this week which has not done well impressing movie-goers, Jhootha Kahin Ka is one of those films that comes with comedy based on swapped identities and a series of lies. The movie stars Rishi Kapoor, Jimmy Shergill and Lillete Dubey in important roles.
Family of Thakurganj is another Hindi movie that is available in theater screens this week, along with Malayalam film industry's Kakshi: Amminipilla which is a critically acclaimed satirical court-drama starring Asif Ali in the lead.
MC Pick: Aadai