Eros announces Thuppaki collected Rs.180 Crore
PUBLISHED DATE: 26/Feb/2013
Eros announces Thuppaki and Maatraan box office
Eros International announced the release of financial results for the quarter ending 31st December, 2012. As per the announcement made by Eros, Thuppakki made a total box office collection of Rs. 180 crore (domestic) to become the fourth film to join the 100 crore club in Tamil films. Maattrraan is reported to have collected Rs.90 Crore. Below is the excerpt from the financial report.
Theatrical revenues showcased the success of releases namely 'English Vinglish', 'Maatraan', 'Son of Sardar', 'Thuppaki', 'Khiladi 786' and 'Dabbaang 2' (overseas) during Q3 FY2013.
- 'Thuppaki', another most awaited Diwali release (in south market) raked in a net box office collection of Rs. 180 crore (domestic) and has become the fourth film to join the 100 crore club in Tamil films.
- 'Maatraan', another high profile release was also well received and reported a net book office collection of Rs. 90 crore at domestic box office.
- 'Khiladi 786', also scored well at the box office reporting a net collection of Rs. 77 crore worldwide during Q3 FY2013.
- 'English Vinglish', a women-hero family entertainer, received unanimous thumbs up from critics as well as audiences. This film reported an impressive net box office collection of Rs. 67.5 crore worldwide.
- 'Son of Sardar', a highly anticipated Diwali release, received favourable reviews from audiences and reported a net box office collection of Rs. 108.5 crore worldwide