Saguni Preview - SWOT Analysis
Saguni will be releasing after a long gap. Karthi's previous movie, Siruthai, was released on Pongal amidst tough competition from Kaavalan and Aadukalam. Within a span of 5 movies, Karthi has proven that he is a bankable star in Tamil and Telugu. Saguni is expected to showcase Karthi as a full-fledged mass hero in Saguni. Based on the song videos, one can see Karthi is trying to become a complete entertainer with noticeable improvements made in dance department.
- Karthi and Santhanam's hit combination is expected to be the highlight of this movie, in addition to generous sprinkling of other commercial 'mass' elements (incl. Anushka's cameo).
- Commercial songs by GV Prakash have been noticed by the public, especially "Manasellam" and "Pottadhu Pathalai" already making it to the charts.
- Long delays and subsequent re-shooting of villain scenes (replaced Salim Ghouse with Prakash Raj) suggests lack of confidence in the script and making.
- Potential cliches associated with hero using brain over brawn to succeed in politics. Many movies have been made along those lines, including the recently released Ko, which also had similar casting with Kota Sreenivasa Rao and Prakash Raj as opposing politicians.
- Lack of competition due to no major releases during the last few months. Audience are in the mood to watch even a half-decent movie. With Billa 2 not announcing the release date, Saguni may get a good run for next 2 weeks.
- As a result of wide release strategy, Saguni could bring in a good opening weekend collection at the Box Office.
- Over-saturation of prints resulting in lack of demand in line with the supply. The aggressive wide-release strategy could back-fire if the movie garners negative word-of-mouth.